What is the VA Vendee Home Loan?
When you’re looking to buy a home, it’s easy to get distracted and overwhelmed by the many options available to you. Everyone has different advice, each lender has different terms, and it seems like there’s a million directions you can go. How are you supposed to know which way is best?
With the VA Vendee™ Home Loan Program, borrowers receive a money-saving, competitive rate to purchase a VA, real-estate owned home for little to no money down. As a unique program through VRM Lending LLC, the Vendee™ loan gives borrowers the option to purchase a home owned by the Department of Veteran Affairs that will save them money, time, and headaches. But, like with any mortgage loan, there are lots of questions to be answered. Here’s everything you need to know about the VA Vendee™ Home Loan:
Why Choose Vendee™?
When borrowers choose the VA Vendee™ Loan Program, they’re able to choose from VA-owned properties across the country with financing that offers competitive, money-saving rates. Vendee™ loans are unique in several ways, from the competitive interest rates and little to no money down required to the lack of mortgage appraisal requirements and penalties for pre-payment.
When taking out a Vendee™ home loan, borrowers:
- Choose from 15 or 30-year loan terms
- Don’t need a large sum of money for down payment
- Aren’t required to have mortgage insurance
- Won’t have penalty for pre-payment
- May have the option to roll in origination and funding fees
- Have competitive interest rates
Who Can Take Out a Vendee™ Loan?
The VA Vendee™ Loan program is open to veterans, non-veterans, owner-occupants, and investors. Anyone can apply for a VA Vendee™ Home Loan, and you can start the process by contacting VRM Lending today.
What’s the Process to Take Out a Vendee™ Loan?
The process to take out a Vendee loan is simple and efficient, starting with pre-approval and ending with closing on your new home. Here’s a deeper look at the Vendee™ process:
- Pre-Qualify: First off, borrowers will verbally talk with a loan officer about everything from income to debts to see if they’ll be a good fit. The information will then be passed to the underwriter, who will review each case individually.
- Find a Home You Love: Borrowers will find a Vendee-qualifying home they love, whether by working with a realtor or perusing our properties.
- Apply: Once pre-qualified, the official application takes place with your name, your income, your Social Security number, a credit check authorization, the address and value of the home you’re wanting to purchase, and your desired loan value. The loan officer will run a credit check and send an initial disclosure, and you’ll choose to proceed with the process or not.
- Get Your Loan Processed and Underwritten: Once the credit is checked and the mortgage package is put together, it proceeds to the underwriter. The underwriter determines whether or not the package is acceptable, and gives the green light to those loans.
- Sign the Closing Disclosure: You’ll receive a 5-page disclosure detailing all of the details of your loan, from costs associated to your projected monthly payments. You’ll receive this at least three days before closing to ensure that you have ample time to review.
- Close: Once every I is dotted and T is crossed, the closing agent will schedule a time for you to sign the loan closing documents. Once everything is in order, the lender arranges for the funding of the loan. Signed, sealed, and delivered, it’s yours!
With the VA Vendee™ Loan program, borrowers are given the option to take out on a loan for a house they love without the headache. The easy process and competitive rates make it a no-brainer, and our borrowers can save thousands of dollars compared to traditional mortgages. Connect with a loan expert today, and we’ll help you get the home you’ve been waiting for with the rates you deserve.