Vendee Loan Program
What is a VA Vendee Loan?
The VA Vendee Loan Program offers qualified borrowers the option of purchasing VA Real Estate Owned (REO) properties with little to no money down. The program is available to Veterans, non-Veterans, owner-occupants, and investors.
The VA Vendee Loan Program offers buyers of VA REO properties a unique seller financing loan product that is competitive and affordable. Vendee is a viable alternative to traditional financing.
Vendee Quick Facts
- For Veterans, non-Veterans, owner-occupants, and investors
- Financing with little to no money down
- Origination and funding fees may be rolled into the loan for qualified borrowers
- 15 or 30-year loan term options
- Competitive interest rate
- Seller may contribute toward closing costs
- Appraisal may be required
- No pre-payment penalties
- No mortgage insurance requirements
Loan Type Comparison
|Vendee Loan||Conventional Loan|
|Little or 0 Down||Typically 20% Down (Average $76,800)*|
|Appraisal May Be Required||Appraisal Required (Average $500)|
|No PMI Required||PMI Typical (Average $3,000 per yr)*|
*Average cost based on 20% of Q2-2020 average home price of $384,800, PMI calculated at 1% of loan amount.